UK Compromise Agreement Solicitors

A Compromise Agreement [technically called a Settlement Agreement since July 29 2013] is a common method of resolving an employment dispute without the need for legal proceedings.

A valid compromise agreement normally means that an employee sacrifices any claims for discrimination or other employment law claims. In normal circumstances, once the Compromise Agreement has been agreed and signed by both parties, there is no way the employee can legally make any claims against the employer.

Our Compromise Agreement Solicitors offer the independent legal advice that is compulsory under the terms of a compromise agreement. One of our team will also put their name to a Compromise Agreement contract, a further requirement of a deal, proving both yourself and your employer have had separate legal advice in agreeing terms.

Call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or email us today, and we can swiftly help you to a satisfactory, final settlement.

Free Specialist Legal Advice

In most Compromise Agreements, employers pay the employee’s legal fees. We can help;

  • by advising you whether the agreement is fair and reasonable
  • by advising you on your employment options if you are not happy with the Compromise Agreement
  • by negotiating, if necessary, with your employer for better terms
  • by advising on the most tax efficient method of receiving a payment under the agreement
  • we also provide regular legal advice on MARS – the NHS Mutually Agreed Resignation Scheme, as well as the various Voluntary Early Release Schemes (VERS) run by the MOD [for both military personnel and civilians], NHS and the Home Office

My Settlement Agreement – Do I Need to Meet My Solicitor?

Although you do need independent legal advice from a qualified solicitor, it’s not necessary to meet your solicitor face-to-face to get that advice – unless you particularly want to.

Our experienced employment team are happy to take instructions from you by e-mail and phone – or if you prefer we can arrange a Skype conference. We regularly advise on and negotiate comprise agreements, the clients throughout England and Wales – so wherever you live and work, we can help.

What happens if I don’t consent to a Compromise Agreement?

You are under no obligation to sign an Employment Compromise Agreement. By refusing to sign such an agreement, you remain free to pursue any employment claim against your employer in the appropriate Employment Tribunal or court. However, without a compromise agreement, you may receive a lesser settlement under the terms of a redundancy than otherwise could have been possible. Our solicitors will seek the fairest and most satisfactory settlement for you, and may even be able to negotiate a higher settlement with your employer than originally offered.

Who pays for my Compromise Agreement?

Employers usually meet the legal costs of drawing up compromise agreements. A compromise agreement can often be created or reviewed for as little as around £250-300, and our Compromise Agreement Solicitors will seek to invoice your employer for these costs.

We will attempt to work within the budget set by your employer for drawing up the agreement.

However, please note that settling your legal costs is ultimately your responsibility, and any additional work carried out on your behalf relating to the compromise agreement may be charged to you

When Will I Get My Compensation under the Agreement?

The payment date will be specified in the terms of the compromise agreement. ~

Usually payment is made within 7 or 14 days of the agreement having been signed by all parties.

Compromise Agreements – Is Yours Valid?

Employment Compromise Agreements are only valid if certain conditions are met;

1. the agreement must relate to specific legal claims and

2. it has to be in written form and

3. legal advice on the compromise agreement must be given to the employee by an independent solicitor and

4. you must confirm having received that independent legal advice in the agreement itself

Looking for Specialist Compromise Agreement Advise? Contact Us Now

Our solicitors can offer the independent advice you need wherever you are.

Your instructions can be easily taken by e-mail and telephone – compromise agreement documentation can be sent to us by e-mail, avoiding the necessity of meeting face to face – though we are happy to conduct such meetings locally at our offices in Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset.

For swift specialist advice you can rely on;

  • CALL our Compromise Agreement Solicitors today for a FREE first telephone consultation on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
  • EMAIL us use the contact form below.